Friday, July 16, 2004

Employment is a funny thing..

Dame left Kaz today - after the company was bought out by Telstra. Interesting. He's got some gig with a mob in Heidelberg - not sure who though, but it sounds pretty sweet.

My company has been bought out by another company too - I'm not going to mention any names here, to protect the innocent (me!). The company I was working for was primary a software development house for J2EE stuff - the new mob has a bit of .Net and is mostly a hardware shop - interesting mix of companies. I've always found though that there are cultural issues when 2 companies come together, we will see how that all pans out. I've got to say, I've been very slack in my role as Social Club President - having not had any events for at least 6 months!

It's a real bugger that Ruby missed out on being with this new company - but unfortunately he just got too sick of my favourite project manager (not!). Oh well, i'm sure he will be floating around.. :)

No comments: