Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Da Vinci Code - Part II

Ok - Having not read the book, I thought that it might be good to go and see the movie without any pre-conceived ideas about what should be in or out of the movie adaptation.

I enjoyed the movie, although I did think it was a bit long at 138 minutes - probably at around 2 hours I started getting restless, as did many of my theatre going colleagues - that being said, we were in an older cinema, which was not quite as comfortable as the latest cinema seating.

Audrey Tatou is great, as is Tom Hanks - And Ian McKellen was really well cast also.

If you have read the book, you may as well see the film - And I think that was pretty much the pitch to the studios.

Producers: "Ok, get this - a movie version of the 'Da Vinci Code'..."
Movie Exec: "The one that's been on the best seller list for about 2 years?"
P: "Yes"
M.E: "Here's $100 million, go and do it."

The managed about a 6/10 for mine.

The Da Vinci Code (2006)

No comments: