Monday, September 04, 2006

BTC Wrap 2006

Ok, this year was an interesting one. Eugene and I made it to the new champions league - which is coaches from random other leagues, based on their performances in the past year. I lost the 2005 grand final, so I got a place.

We had the CL draft night before the work league, which was a real eye opener - The way that other coaches chose their teams was really different to the way I had been. Anyway, I took a very different approach for the Work league - Choosing to look at stat categories, and pick strong players in different categories, rather than using the generic calcuation method.

I have to say, it was pretty successful, culminating in a 9 point grand final win. I will also now get another crack at the Champions League, and hopefully do a bit better. Luckily John Barker has retired, so I wont be tempted to pick him! Doh!

No comments: