Ok - I'm starting to get irritated by work now. Not so much that I have to go to work (because I know that I do!), but mostly by what I'm doing at the moment.
Having done my handover of the project I last worked at, I'm kind of at the point where I'm wondering what to do, career path wise.
1. Continue down the path that I'm on, for which I'm studying the certifications right now. This would move me up to a Senior Consultant, but would that mean a pay rise? Not too sure. It's not like passing this exam will instantly make me a better programmer, or one which you could sell more easily. This would mean at least 1 more exam, and that could take some time.
2. Move to being a 'content management' specialist. Staying at the same employer, but bring tied to one specific product which we sell. Seems like a lot of the web stuff is going this way, which means I'd have a bit of on site work, but would really stop my programming.
3. Leave the company - Leaving opens a whole wide world of opportunities - Documentum, Senior Java developer (and 30k pay rise!), I could do a bunch of things.. maybe Oracle DBA. I guess it's the old thing - you have a comfort factor where you are, so why change?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment