Tuesday, November 15, 2005

iPod

is this the coolest thing ever?

I spent most of my time at home searching for new interesting podcasts to download, and I've got a few good ones - This Week in Tech was really fantastic - it was long (around an hour!), but it's perfect for my train trips, and as it's basically a bunch of geeks talking about toys and technology, it's really floating my boat!

go to www.thisweekintech.com to download.

I'd have hyperlinked the title, but blogger doesnt fly with Opera. Bummer.

Other than that, Rach has been working, which has been good, but although the hours were good, it just wasn't for her. Kudos to you for trying baby! :) The job that you do at home with the boys is far far more valuable to me, and you cant tell me that you liked being away from the kids. I'm glad they dont get up when I leave for work in the morning, otherwise I'd just not go - and that wouldn't be good..

Had lunch with Amol today, which was fantastic - we tried to go to Camy dumpling house, but it was packed - lines out the door! I think the 100,000 extra people in the city for the union rally was really filling up the city. We ended up at the QV building food court, which was suprisingly good - had an Oporto, as recommended by one of my colleagues, Kevin. I'd not really had anything to do with him before, but he does look like an actor on Home and Away. Strange!

Anyway, we had a good chat, and he seems to be waiting for his review - I'm just amazed that the company isnt looking after it's most precious resource - the people. I mean, really - they dont have any assets, no IP in house, so it's all about the people - granted, they could probably get rid of the services business, and still live off 'Big Blue' like a little leech, but that would reall suck! (Yes, the pun was intended!)

So, it's time to finish my last assignment for CPT11, which is good - and I'm feeling good about the Maths exam coming up too.

No comments: