I was stuck in this as I was trying to get to work this morning.
grrr...
It happened in February this year also. How hard do you think it would be to lightning-proof the signal box at Caulfield. Unfortunately, I was stuck on the train, and it was known the signal box was down at about 6am, and I didn't get on the train until 6:52. If I'd have known, then I would have got off and grabbed a bus to another train line.
Anyway, I managed to get booted off the train at Moorabbin at 7:10, waited for a bus for about 20 minutes, and then after talking to Rach, grabbed a train to Mentone. Mentone is a bus hub, and I waited there with a couple of other people for a bus to the Sandy Line. We waited about 30 minutes for a bus, and we got on it ok - and made it to Southland. As we were going to transfer to a Sandy bus, the bus depot manager told us the trains were back on. Back to Moorabbin at about 8:40, or 1.5 hours after I got booted off the train.
Anyway, went down the ramps, got a seat, and the train was still waiting about 25 minutes to get through Glenhuntly. I finally walked into work at 9:55, right on 2 hours late for work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment