Monday, December 18, 2006

The big match

Has been run, and won.. Not by Australia either!


As the umpire for the day said, we looked great, and we were all there on time - but we ended up giving too many runs away.

The Indians ended up making 7/260 off their 40 overs - And after a fast and furious start, we ended up capitulating for just over 100.

I was extremely rusty with the bat, making a scratchy 18 (in many balls!), and dropping a couple of catches.

A good day was had by all, and the game was played in fantastic spirit - especially the sledging of the Indian captain Amol.

Now I just need a good massage, and about 20 neurofen anti-inflammitory tablets, and I'll be able to walk like a normal person, rather than a skinny kid who spent the night in the lockup being the bitch of a big man called 'Bubba'.

No comments: