Friday, December 01, 2006

Food and other adventures..

Had dinner at Red Emperor - an Age Good Food Guide 2 hat restaurant.



First impressions were that it was a pretty standard chinese restaurant - white linen tablecloths, soy sauce on the table - although it did have a fantastic view.



We got there pretty early (7pm), and I thought the early service was pretty patchy - although it did improve markedly the later the night went on. We plumped for the $68 banquet - which was bloody fantastic. Started with fried chili calamari, and dim sum (which was beautiful!). This was then followed by Peking duck. We tend to use this as a real benchmarking dish for chinese restaurant - and this was sublime. Perfect little pancakes with the most succulent duck, beautifully crispy skin and rich hoi-sin sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.



The stuffed scallops were divine, and the beet fillet was a bit hit and miss - a couple of bits that I had were pretty gristly. After being completely stuffed, we went for fried ice cream, which was gave the meal a delightful finish.



I think we will have to go there for Yum Cha and see what it's like.



Red Emperor Chinese Restaurant: citysearch



I will post later about the rest of the (long) night...

No comments: