Monday, December 06, 2004

Christmas Party..

at Burns Manor..

We had the work christmas party yesterday, and it was out at the big bosses 80 acre property at Portarlington. Only 2 hours drive each way - Joy.

It turned out to be quite good - Jude was naughty and bashed up another little boy! :P So, as a reward, Santa gave him a toy! :P I get the sense that he was a bit bewildered by Santa - He wasnt that into it when Santa turned up on the fire truck. We ended up with a picnic basket, which is a fair way short of the expectations set from last year (Digital Cameras!). Maybe we will take the NAB approach, cut staff, don't give bonuses and announce even bigger profits than last year. Am I too cynical!? :P

I'm looking forward to this christmas, finally not having to deal with my relations will be a load off - and it means that I can focus on my family, and Jude's first Christmas. It does take you back a little, thinking about his first things - I've got a book full of all the milestones for him - because it all goes so quickly, and with another on the way, it's going to be a bit of a shock to the system - and make it all a bit blurry!

Anyway, that is all for now. better get back to work, after slacking and taking off Friday with a dicky back (again!), i've got to get my shit together! :P

No comments: