Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Bummer

So, the car has sheared off the driveshaft - here's the damage:

  • $600 to open up the transmission, and see if there's metal inside, if there's not, includes a reco.
  • $1500 if there is metal inside - essentially a replacement transmission will be slotted in.
And then Rach called me yesterday, and told me that Jude had got a hold of the digital camera, and smashed it on the tiles in the kitchen. I got home last night, pulled out the little screwdrivers, and had a look inside. It's a beautiful piece of engineering, but I still couldn't get the bloody lens straight. Oh well. Time to get a new camera - another cost we don't need.

I'm tempted to just cancel my birthday, get the car fixed, and a new camera - although that means we probably wont be able to go to the planned Wedding Anniversary dinner Rach booked for us at Vue De Monde. That's shithouse. I wish I had won tattslotto! (who doesn't!).

Workwise, I got an email yesterday that my colleague had 'resigned', and that he 'wanted to keep it quiet until he left' - yeah right. I don't believe it for a second.

And then I got an email requesting me to meet with my 'favorite' PM and BA - joy of joys. I've flagged this as a waste of time, and the client that I'm at now is not happy. And so they shouldn't be. I had concerns last night that they might be trying to set me up as the patsy, so I get the short shrift. I've put together my response, so I'll go to the meeting.

I'll post this afternoon, and see how we go.

No comments: