Ok - Last night we went out for dinner with Ruebs and Paula - At the Shanghai Dumpling House - Excellent food. We had to wait for a bit, but damn it was worth it. The only dissapointing thing was the sticky rice. We then went to the Lounge for a couple of hours, and had a few drinkies. Reubs also wants to get rid of his decks, and get some drums - So we said we'd buy his decks - That would be cool as baby! YEAH!
Friday I didnt go in to work, I was up all thursday night with the little baby. He was going a bit nuts between 1am and 3am, so I woke up at 7:30 after 4 hours sleep, and was basically wrecked.
Thursday night was interesting, at the montly meeting, nothing too interesting happened - the shares and stuff arent going to happen until september. No big suprise there.I had a couple of people come up and ask me if i'd resigned - the rumour going around is that i've quit. Interesting.
Also, one of my colleagues has been suspended from work with full pay. I'd been in email contact with him quite a bit recently, but aparently the client complained that he'd not been giving 100% commitment after getting a 'bad review'. Now, that raises a few interesting questions, such as: Where did the client hear that he'd had a bad review? I cant believe that he would tell the client about his salary/review situation. I've had issues with the quality of his work in the past, and I spent a couple of months on his project trying to raise it up, quality wise. That's no biggie, he started working with us straight out of uni, so hasnt had a great deal of work experience. Another thing that really counts against him is the business he runs on the side - although it seems to take priority over work things. Not good.
Anyway, he just sent me an sms this morning, so i'm going to try and suss out what happened - he did try to call me just after it all happened, but I didnt answer the phone -my bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment