Sunday, October 01, 2006

Grand Final

Went to Phil's place for GF day - a crackingly good match too. Turned out to be a really 'interesting' day though. Seems like lots of people are pretty fucked up - Stuart, who lives up in Shep seems to be pretty depressed - and the 12 beers he had that day didn't really help him. Aparently he was so down that he was sitting around with a shotgun in his mouth (!). I told him that he needed to go and talk to someone, quick smart, but that was rejected totally. I think it's that whole 'i'm a man, i don't need to see a doctor' mentality kicking in, and I'm sure that it's 10 times worse up in the country, where men are men.

Roy has been having some interesting times also, with John leaving about 3 weeks ago - he just walked out, leaving Roy's whole family. That's really bloody sucky. There are a couple of other things that happened to his family that I don't really want to go into here. It's no suprise that he's not been blogging very much lately. I also learned that Roy is on the Zoloft's too. At least he is doing something about what's going on in his life, and he seems to be pretty good with everything at the moment. It's a shame that he lives so far away, otherwise I'm sure we'd be spending a lot more time together.

We also heard from Adam, who's been over in London for the past 10 months - He is going gangbusters, and good luck to him - He was working at Sensis, and seeming not to really enjoy what he was doing - He managed to go to the World Cup, and took a bunch of really good photos. It happened that it was about 4 in the morning when the grand final was on over there, and he had to explain to half the pub how the game works! :)

Also - Don't talk to me about taxi's. A 2.5 hour wait is a bit much, even on Grand Final night.

No comments: