Friday, February 25, 2005

a big day..

It's a bit of a surreal experience writing in your own son's birthday card. All I'd ever got was a"Dear dj_flange" "Love Dad". Pretty damned shite if you ask me. Both Rach and I have been making an effort to keep all of the things Jude gets while he's growing up - things like birthday cards, the cards he got when he was born, other bits and pieces - in a big box, so that he can always have a look back when he gets old enough to be interested.

So I wrote a heartfelt message from Rach and I, and I'm hoping that he will read it some day in the future.

Jude had a pretty good day all in all - I went for a haircut in the morning, and we had brekky out - Jude went for a sleep about 11am - and then the hordes arrived at about 1:30 or so. Some where happier than others and I was a bit disappointed that there were people who couldn't just be happy for the little fella - he shouldn't be involved in all the crapola. Very selfish and frustrating.

Most people left around 5ish, and we had a few stay back, we watched a bit of telly, and Rach's mum took Jude with her so he could calm down a bit - so much chocolate cake and fizzy drink isnt good for the little guys body. :) We ended up bringing him home around 10pm, he'd only just fallen asleep.

No comments: