Holiday eh! :) This is the hardest I've had to work in quite a while.
Actually, I shouldn't say that - the work that I've been doing at the bank has been pretty full on - just getting my head around the complex systems and rules for doing stuff in the bank has been interesting.
Jude has been a bit of a handful, as expected really - but it's harder to deal with when you don't get great sleep the night before. Rach is doing a fantastic job with the feeding of Jack, she's enjoying it a lot more than last time (which she didn't really enjoy at all!), which is great. I did have to go and get a couple of bottles, and formula ($50!) for the little guy when Rach was a bit frazzled. Jack has been having good poos - when you have kids, the poo is the topic of conversation - How many, hard or soft, what colour, do they smell?
The car is going really well, it's nice to be able to zip down to the shops and get something to drink, or go down to safeway at odd times to get something needed. The best thing is that we don't have to pay anything for it until much later in the year (or maybe next year?), except for the piddly insurance.
My assignment is going ok, not as well as I'd liked - I think I'd planned to have it done 1st draft by yesterday, which would give me a couple of days to go through the re-editing process. I also decided to change what I was originally going to argue. I found the con arguments were pretty shithouse really - a bit pathetic. I always wonder about what political leaning I am when I think about these issues, I'd consider myself someone who cares about the environment (for the kids), but at the end of the day, surely it's better to have Victoria as the leading destination for shipping cargo in Australia, isn't it? Are the 10,000 jobs currently related to the shipping industry more important than the microbes that live in the sediment of the Yarra river? How do you weigh them up and balance those two seemingly non-equal points?
Anyway, I'll argue for it, and see how that goes. I'm really looking forward to getting into this!
I took some fantastic video of Jude listening to my little portable mp3 player through headphones, and a couple of great photos too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment