Monday, May 09, 2005

Trip to USA

When I was a kid, dad took the family over to Japan and LA/SF while he was working. I think it was in 1987 (I might see if it is in my old passport).

I do remember playing the Star Wars arcade game, which was just awesome. At the time, I'm pretty sure that it cost a quarter (25c) to play.

I also recall being scared shitless in the Haunted House at Disneyland. Cool as.

If there's one thing I wish I'd done, it was go on the rollercoasters at Disneyland. I didnt get the rollercoaster bug until a family holiday up to the Gold Coast, and a ride on the CorkScrew, and then the Thunderbolt in consecutive days. I even managed to convince my non-risk taking sister to have a go. And she loved it. Poor dad - he had to sit and watch us go around and around for an hour.

No comments: