Monday, May 02, 2005

The weekend

ended up being a day longer than I expected.

I took today off, and spent most of it trying to work out how to dual-boot the home pc. I installed Fedora core 3 on Saturday, after buying a network card and new hard drive. Couldn't get the third disk to read properly (it also corrupted the CD burner when I plugged it in!), so we might have to do some work there.

I'm thinking that it's probably worth keeping the 40gb for fedora, and installing XP on the 120 gb disk, and having another 40gb spare. That would make life a little bit easier.

Sunday was pretty cruisy, didn't do too much except watch the footy, and saw all my BTC players kicking ass. So far 6-0, but there are questions about peaking too early. I say bring it on - the more wins you have, the easier it will be to qualify for the finals. Trade week is coming up, so I'm going to spend some time reviewing the stats of all my players, and working out if they are worth keeping.

And today - I haven't had a sickie for a few months, and with the new baby due in 4 weeks, I decided that it was probably the last chance for me to take time off. We went to Frankston and bought a book so that we can record the new baby's life. Funky as. Stubbsy was also talking about people who keep diaries, and there are a number of people who keep diaries for their kids, so I'm not alone on that score.

I think that it's a pretty good idea - seeing as I have pretty much no recollection of my life before high school (and that's getting hazier and hazier by the day.)

No comments: