It turns out that I woke up early this morning - so I thought I'd catch an early train - unfortunately, I missed the 6:09 train, so that means it was a 20 minute wait until the 6:29. What is all that about? If there were more regular services, running from earlier to later, I have no doubt that more people would use the system. We also only have 155 trains at the momemnt, which means that there is no additional capacity to run more services. I guess with the driver shortage of the past 12-18 months, that's not realy been a consideration. With petrol becoming very expensive, I would have though that it's a great chance for the government to push the public transport barrow. Maybe not?
I finished my assignment on Friday night, submitted all on time. I'm sure mine was the crappiest one out there, but as far as I could tell, it met all the criteria. Who cares if it doesnt look great, as long as it's functional, right?
We were looking after the in-laws place on the weekend, so we watched a bit of foxtel. Saturday we got a pay-per-view of the new Metallica movie Some kind of monster. It was brilliant, seeing how these therapists work. Amazingly, the record company was paying $40,000USD per month! It's pretty good dollars, if you can get it.
Sunday was 'Pimp My Ride' day, so spent a couple of hours watching that. What a great idea for a show. Get people with shitbox cars to write in, take their car away, fix it all up, and give it back to them... crazy! I even saw a car with a spa in it. Seriously.
After we left the in-laws, I took Jude home on the back of the bike. He seems to like it, although it's a bit hard to tell, as you cant see his face. At least he doesnt spend the whole time screaming, or kicking you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment