Thursday, October 27, 2005

Work...

We had the monthly staff meeting, which is always fun. Free food and drinks should never be knocked back. The share offers have come through now, so everyone seems to be pretty upbeat. The HR manager has tempted fate and sat some people through exit interviews, and I think I might be asking if I can sit through one too. It's getting to the point where I've got to say something. Edwin and I were discussing the hiring policy, which looks like it's focusing on hiring people at more senior levels, which means there are fewer opportunities for existing staff. Sucks to be me. Why not take people off projects, train them, and promote them from within? Hire graduates, put them in the support area, get them some practical experience, and then move them into the consultancy side of the business. Cheaper, and better for staff morale in the long run.

Fortunately, I ran into ET on the tram while going ot the staff meeting - he seems keen to get me on board for the Product team, which I'd be cool with - I wonder though if there would be a lot of travel, which would really suck ass. Oh well, cant have everything eh? Fingers crossed, it might mean that I'll be able to get out of the Overtime rut that I've been in, and start working normal length days!

No comments: