Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Stuff..

Not much really going on at the moment - We were planning on moving
into Rach's parents house - but it looks like they aren't going to be
moving anymore. That's a real bugger, as their house would have been
perfect - Large enough to have 2 lounge areas (one for adults, and one
for the terrors!), plus 3 bedrooms and a study. Also has 2 bathrooms,
but only 1 toilet. I think we will probably move down into Frankston
now, given that we can get a 3 bedroom house down there for about $200
per week.

We had also toyed with the idea of buying a Nimbus people mover from
Kylie's sister - After some research, we decided that it was probably
not a good idea - and the fact that she wanted $9,000 for it, and the
red book value was around $4,000-$6,000. Certainly not worth 50% more
than the most expensive price. Aparently, they have small engines,
and are regularly loaded up (with kids and stuff), so the engine
labours, and they get pretty tired. Basically warned that anything
over 10 years is probably not worth the investment. That now means
that we will be getting the little beast back on the road - so that I
can get to the station. If we move, it means that we can be a little
farther from the station, as I don't have to walk it.

There really isn't anything good on commercial tv any more - now that
we have ABC (and ABC2), and with the recent Ashes series on SBS - I've
found that the only commercial shows we watch are: CSI (Original) and
the Simpsons. And of course Neighbours. We watched a great show on
Sunday night, all about gold. Very interesting - talked about early
coins, and european kingdoms around Roman times. If I wasn't studying
at the moment, I'd probably do a history course on that historical
era. I might see if I can't do a single history subject anyway.

No comments: