Wednesday, October 26, 2005

stuff.

Ok - I ran out of ciggies yesterday, around 11am. Nothing dramatic, just went downstairs, had a fag, came back up. I'm feeling pretty good this morning actually, I'm certainly not getting any cravings, or shakes, or crazy stuff like that. I know I have a really addictive personality, so if I do get hooked on something I love, it's hard for me to give it up. Although, I love to have a bet on the horses, and restrict myself to the cup carnival. I will continue to update if any change to my physical condition. At least with a jiggy neck I dont have to worry about looking around. I woke up with Jack's little feet in my back on Monday morning, and it's screwed my neck. (Although, I did play snooker against Neil, and came from 6-32 down, to win 60-32!)

Spoke to Phil, who's getting married at the end of this month - he's doing really well - very busy with the plans for the wedding. His wedding is about 4 weeks away now. I wont be going to the bucks party, well, I might, but not to any part that involves money. Bummer.

I've got to ring Mike, and see how he's doing too.

Work is a bit nuts at the moment, I managed to sort out the reports on Monday (about 10 hours work!), and then move onto the stored procedure for Start of Day Load. Aparently we are soon to be asked to work 10 hour days and 7 day weeks. I thought the days of slave labour had finished? If you want people to work hardcore hours, go and outsource your IT to India or Bangladesh. I'm going to suss out work and see what they say about the overtime thing. It might be the catalyst for a resignation - given that the share letters are coming out soon.

I realised why I love the coffee at illia so much - they use Gravity, which is the same as the Bear Brass guys use! I've been going there for about 2 months now, and only just realised last week! Duh. When I took that first sip from the first coffee there was something familiar about it. It was just like the girls used to make it for me!

No comments: